Time for some more fine dining from the Achewood Cookbook! You know it's going to be fancy when one of the ingredients is a box of Kraft Dinner and the blurb starts with "You can eat hot dogs straight out of the package, everybody knows that". This recipe is pretty tongue in cheek, since it's meant to be in-character - a slightly out of touch "cool" uncle making something for his teenage nephew. Let's just put it lightly...this is not the healthiest or most glamourous recipe.
|No, I didn't win the giant 24k gold noodle.|
- 3 hot dogs, sliced into nickles and microwaved until hot
- 1 box Kraft Dinner, prepared (so, you'll also need milk and butter)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1. It takes a bit of dexterity to cook up all the ingredients at once, but I found that putting the pasta from the Kraft Dinner on to boil, then putting the bacon in the pan, then slicing and nuking the hot dogs makes sure everything comes out ready at the same time.
|A hot mess.|
2. Once the Kraft Dinner is fully prepared (I forgot how orange that powder was), throw in the bacon, hot dogs, and peas and stir until the peas have thawed.
Normally I'm not crazy about Kraft Dinner (I'm a bad Canadian, I know) because it comes off as both bland and cloying. This, however, is actually pretty good. It's horrifically unhealthy, total stoner food, and yet it's got enough complexity of flavour and texture from the meats and the peas that it doesn't feel like a trough of cheesy slop. I ate more of this than I should.
|Oh, ok. Thanks.|